1. Terms By accessing this site, you are agreeing to be bound by the sites Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. All materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. You are not permitted to copy or use any materials from this site without prior permission.
2. Disclaimer – The materials on A Bavarian Sojourn web site are provided “as is”. A Bavarian Sojourn makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, A Bavarian Sojourn does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
4. Limitations – In no event shall A Bavarian Sojourn or be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on A Bavarian Sojourn, even if A Bavarian Sojourn has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata – The materials appearing on A Bavarian Sojourn web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. A Bavarian Sojourn does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. A Bavarian Sojourn may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice, and will not commit to update any materials.
6. Links – All links to A Bavarian Sojourn have been checked, but A Bavarian Sojourn is not responsible for any links having since changed, and the present content of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by A Bavarian Sojourn of the site. Use of any such linked site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law – Any claim relating to A Bavarian Sojourn shall be governed by the laws of the United Kingdom without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
9.Review Items – A Bavarian Sojourn works with brands, charities and small businesses. We accept relevant products and sponsored post opportunities. All paid for posts and opportunities are declared as sponsored, and all opinions are most definitely that of A Bavarian Sojourn.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings: Account: Means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site; Cookie: means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of Cookies used by My Site are set out below. Cookie Law: Means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive Regulations 2003).
- Information About [Us] OR [Me]
My Site is [owned and] operated by me Emma Raphael. I am the sole data controller.
What Does This Policy Cover?
What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
What Are My Rights?
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. .
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about My use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.If you have any cause for complaint about My use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
11. What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on My Site, and the site you exit to;
12. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for My performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to My use of your personal data, or because it is in My legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to comments from you.
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by contacting me
- Analysing your use of My Site [and gathering feedback] to enable me to continually improve My Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with My obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
13. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
14. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store or transfer your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
15. Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
How Can I Control My Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, when you submit personal data via My Site, you may be given options to restrict My use of your personal data. In particular, I aim to give you strong controls on My use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from me which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in My Site.
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
16. Can I Withhold Information?
17. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email address listed in this online document.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover My administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within one month and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of My progress.
19. How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please email me at: email@example.com
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change My business in a way that affects personal data protection.
If you have any questions, please get in touch via email – firstname.lastname@example.org